An Open Letter to Art

Sarah Skinner

Block 3/8

December 9,2015

Dear Art,

You have always been there when I need you like when I’m bored and have nothing to do, and I’m laying on my smooth  brown leather  couch at home. You are there for me to be happy and have something to enjoy.  I enjoy it when you are around. You make me smile so big that my braces with green and yellow bands show!  You keep me happy knowing you’re always there waiting for not only me but tons of other people. I am pretty sure that I am not the only one who admires you.

You have different styles and no matter what you have someone who thinks you are beautiful. You make lots of people light up like the cinnamon-scented candles my mom buys at Wegmans. People do this when they see you no matter what style you’re in. You are beautiful in all styles  and colors (blue, red, green, purple, orange, yellow, light and dark). You are a lot different in you colors and styles and you make people happy with your features. You can be 2D or 3D .You are sculptures and drawings you are sketches and masterpieces. I’m not taking you as a class this semester but I look forward to learn how to draw, paint, sculpt, and use other types of materials to express myself. Last year I made a clay pot, like a little bowl the size of a baseball and I painted it yellow and white. The outside was yellow and the inside was white. It was fun using the clay — it felt kind of cold, and really smooth, and I learned to roll it into a bowl and put my thumb in the middle and pinch the edges to make the shape of a bowl.

You are displayed on every wall in museums all over the  the world like in Paris France , Venice Italy and Beijing  China. You are displayed also all over the U.S.A from Virginia to California.

You can show lots of emotion like happiness, fear and Sadness. You bring thoughts when people see you like why do these people paint or sculpt and should? You give some people brilliant ideas.

So all I want to say is thanks for your beauty and I will see you next semester.

Your Fan,

Sarah Catherine Skinner, an Artist         

5 thoughts on “An Open Letter to Art

1. I love the sentence ¨You are displayed also all over the U.S.A from Virginia to California.¨ This sentence reminds me of of the song “California to the New York Islands¨. That song. You also put great detail into this open letter and that was something that really stood out to me. I hope you keep writing because you are great at it and you made the rest of my day.

• Thank you Amanda that was really nice of a thing to say. Amanda I think you letter was also amazing I could really tell you put a lot of thought into it.

2. good job Sarah I can see all the art like your pinch pot . my favorite line is ” I learned how to make a pinch pot ” that is cool because I made a pineapple pinch pot this year in art . it was so much fun.

• Thanks Alison that was a really nice thing to say and I as well liked you story and I commented on it so you should check it out.

3. YAY!!! I love art too SOOO much. I like how in your open letter in the begging you get straight to the point of how you use art. When your bored and how big it makes you smile XD